Let’s try this again and actually have the comments open this time around!
We’re still working on the poll for Week 4, with a review to follow on Saturday, but it never hurts to start planning ahead-
And for Week 5, the one-third mark of these year’s Choose Your Own Summer of Blood, I’m going to really go ahead and open the floodgates. It’s going to be a straight-up reader’s choice free-for-all, so now’s your chance if you’ve been itching to hear my thoughts on some horror movie or another.
In an attempt to keep this from descending into total anarchy, here are the rules:
1. Only one title can be nominated per Google/Blogger profile.
2. In addition to the title, copy+paste the IMDb link, though I won’t ask anyone to noodle with the HTML to actually make the link live.
3. Please, make sure I haven’t already reviewed it. If you submit a nomination for a film that I’ve reviewed, I’ll discard it. That goes out to you, anonymous individual who has cast a write-in vote for The Pit in every poll so far. Unless you mean a different The Pit, in which case I apologise, and also see Rule #2.
4. I will also discard any title I have planned for a future poll in this year’s Summer of Blood. Don’t feel bad – it’ll have a better chance of winning later rather than now.
5. I’m going to allow a fairly free definition of horror, not limited by any particular subgenre. That said, if anyone throws out a clear joke title – that goes out to you, anonymous invididual who wrote in Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked in Week 1, and by the way, I literally laughed out loud when I saw that – I’ll probably discard that too.
In case there ends up being an unmanageable number of nominees – I’ll know what that threshold is when I see it – the voting might end up being different than in other weeks. And just so everybody knows, we’ll be doing this again before the summer is out.
You have 48 hours – until 12:30 PM Central Daylight Time (GMT -5:00) on Saturday, 14 June. Use the comments to this post to make your nominations!